We are currently recruiting for two vacancies:
Please click on one of the links above to be taken to the job advertisement.
Responsible to: Principal
Contract type: Permanent.
Start date: January 2019
Location: St Mary’s Church of England Junior School
The purpose of the Deputy Headteacher here at St Mary’s is to work towards continually raising standards in order to enable our children to excel in their learning, preparing them with a strong foundation for the next stage of their education. The Deputy Headteacher will have a teaching role within the school, modelling strong teaching and learning and deputise in the Principal’s absence.
This will be all be achieved through our mission of:
‘Raising aspirations and a love for learning through courage, resilience, positive relationships and God’s love.’
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- 1. Drive all things through the school’s mission and values.
- 2. Contribute to the day to day leadership and management of the school.
- 3. Recognise and celebrate success and learning opportunities.
- 4. Communicate effectively with staff, children and parents, maintaining a visible presence on a daily basis.
- 5. Maintain and contribute towards upholding excellent professional standards.
Leading Improvements in Teaching and Learning
- 1. Be a model of strong teaching and learning.
- 2. Encourage and enable ambitious targets of children and staff.
- 3. Ensure effective and high quality assessment and assessment strategies inform teaching, learning and progress.
- 4. Contribute to the professional development and leadership of school staff to enable the effective impact of teaching and learning on children’s progress.
- 5. Develop a culture of a desire to learn among staff, as well as children.
- 6. Ensure that staff are equipped to support vulnerable groups with in the school.
Recruiting and developing excellent teachers
- 1. Develop others through coaching, high quality CPD and induction.
- 2. Develop and manage talent within the school.
- 3. Challenge and support teachers to provide the very best education.
- 4. Evaluate the effectiveness of CPD on raising standards.
- 1. Line manage staff towards achieving performance targets, holding staff to account.
- 2. Lead the development of UPS teachers and/or TLR holders, both supporting and driving whole-school improvement.
- 3. Support monitoring, evaluation and planning.
- 4. Support the Principal in carrying out all other duties as necessary to the post.
This job description will be regularly reviewed and, in consultation with the post holder, may be subject to modification in order to meet the changing needs of the school.
How to Apply:
Interviews will be held on 30th October 2018.
‘Raising apirations and a love for learning through
courage, resilience, positive relationships and God’s love.’
We are looking to employ an additional Midday Supervisory Assistant (MSA). The core purpose of the successful applicant will be to meet the social and emotional needs of the children of St Mary’s CoE Junior School, in order to enable them to have a positive lunch-time experience so that they are ready to return to class after lunch, ready to learn.
Duties will involve setting out/putting away tables and chairs and supervising and engaging with the children in the dinner hall and on the playground.
Please contact the school if you would like to look around the school or phone the school (01508 530459) for further information.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any applicant must expect to comply fully with enhanced DBS and reference vetting checks.
How to Apply:
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 16th October 2018. Start date Monday 29th October 2018.